ComplyWith makes the law clear for people who need to do things right.
Our vision is to be well known as New Zealand’s legal compliance leader, simplifying legal complexity with easy-to-read content and pleasure-to-use software.
Our growing legal technology business works with over 170 New Zealand businesses, including many of the regulators.
The working environment at ComplyWith encourages grounded achievers who love doing mahi that matters and getting stuff done. We’re confident, humble, and authentic.
Get a taste of what we do at ComplyWith here: https://vimeo.com/complywith/clarity.
We offer a unique opportunity to join a growing company in NZ’s fast-growing SaaS sector.
At ComplyWith we pride ourselves on an awesome working environment:
- We believe a work-life balance should be exactly that, including flexibility for school runs or events, or missing peak hour traffic
- We empower each other to take on responsibility - you’ll be supported to grow your career and skillset
- We have fun - we have a darts board, cornhole, office bikes, and paddleboards!
About the job
In this role, you’ll be responsible for various administrative tasks to help keep our busy offices in Wellington and Auckland running smoothly.
Your role will be wide-ranging and include helping with a range of office tasks from ordering supplies, helping administer our business tools, data entry, accounts support, right through to helping organise our team and customer events.
You will initially report to the Chief Operating Officer, although this may change in the future. You’ll work closely with our Business Support Manager who will delegate and oversee much of your daily work.
This is a new part-time role (20 hours) in our growing Wellington team, based at our waterfront office.
What you’ll be doing
In this diverse administration role, your work will include:
- Keeping our Wellington and Auckland offices running smoothly. You’ll be responsible for a range of office tasks including:
- ordering office supplies and equipment
- organising catering and wellness initiatives for the team
- liaising with contractors (like our cleaner) and our property manager/ landlord
- clearing our post box, and posting and couriering items
- general office support to our Wellington team, including keeping the kitchen clean and tidy, collecting barista coffees, and starting our mochamaster coffee machine in the morning (if that fits with your work hours).
- Helping with the administration of our business support tools (for example, adding and removing users, entering data in our CRM FreshSales)
- Data entry into the ComplyWith CMS and other tools
- Providing accounts support, including:
- entering and uploading supplier invoices and bills into Xero and coding these correctly
- uploading receipts and entering expense reports
- chasing unpaid invoices
- filling in supplier forms
- Taking the lead on organising team meetings, team events, celebrations, gifts, conferences, and webinars, including:
- booking travel, accommodation, venues, and catering
- setting up webinars and managing registrations
- liaising with key venue contacts
- organising gifts and event materials
- organising and helping deliver our signature ComplyWith chocolates.
How you’ll know you’re successful
You know you’re doing a great job when:
- You receive positive feedback and are highly valued by the team for your organisation skills and responsiveness
- You start taking on more responsibilities in your role
- You start to anticipate team needs.
What you’ll bring
We’re looking for a person who is fantastic at organising things, loves to help, and gets things done.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- At least 2 years of business support, administration, or executive assistance experience
- A natural communicator who is engaging and cheerful
- A proactive mindset, you’ll see what needs to be done, roll up your sleeves, and make sure it happens
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (and sometimes patience)
- Great process management skills to help you manage multiple tasks at once
- A problem-solver with a drive to learn and take on new challenges in a collaborative and practical way
- An ability to work independently within a close-knit team and ‘pull together’ as a team when the pressure is on
- A values-driven personality (integrity and trust is core to how we operate) and a doer who loves to get stuff done
- A desire and ability to work in a way that’s aligned to our Guiding Principles. We do our very best to be:
- Grounded achievers
- Autonomous collaborators
- Forever innovating.
To apply, please send through a copy of your CV and cover letter.
If you don’t quite meet these requirements but still think you’d be a great fit for the role, we would still love to hear from you. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.