ComplyWith makes the law clear for people who need to do things right.
Our vision is to be well known as New Zealand’s legal compliance leader, simplifying legal complexity with easy-to-read content and pleasure-to-use software.
Our growing legal technology business works with over 170 New Zealand businesses, including many of the regulators.
The working environment at ComplyWith encourages grounded achievers who love doing mahi that matters and getting stuff done. We’re confident, humble, and authentic.
We offer a unique opportunity to use your legal skills in NZ's fast-growing SaaS sector. At ComplyWith we pride ourselves on an awesome working environment:
- We do an honest week's work - no need for long hours or late nights
- Our worth is not measured by fees or billable hours charged - success for our customers means success for us
- We empower each other to take on responsibility - you'll be supported to grow your career and skillset
- We have fun - we have a darts board, cornhole, office bikes, and paddleboards!
- We’ll help with set-up costs if you are moving from outside of Wellington for the role
About the job
In this role, you’ll use your legal expertise and customer-focused perspective to drive success for new Legal Compliance customers. You’ll work closely with customers to implement our Legal Compliance tool across their organisation to add value and simplify ongoing compliance.
Reporting to the Manager of the Onboarding and Implementation Team, there will be opportunities to grow your career with ComplyWith as the business rapidly grows in New Zealand. This role allows for more autonomy and client contact than a typical intermediate legal role.
This is a full-time role in our growing Onboarding and Implementation Team, based in our Wellington waterfront office.
What you’ll be doing
In this diverse customer-facing role, you will:
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, laying the foundations for a trusted long-term relationship
- Plan and manage implementation projects guided by what success looks like for the customer, including:
- Running planning and progress meetings and interviews with customers
- Setting the wider customer organisation up with legal resources and law change alerts
- Meeting with key people across customer organisations to develop clarity about what the customer’s business does
- Using your legal knowledge and attention to detail to build a profile of an organisation, identifying applicable laws and risk areas
- Mapping our legal compliance content to the right people across the organisation
- Setting up and running legal compliance surveys tailored to the customer’s operations to identify risk areas
- Writing reports for leadership, boards, and governance on survey insights and law changes impacting their organisation
- Contribute to improvements to the implementation process
- Advocate for our products at conferences and industry events
- Contribute to business and software development by channelling customer feedback and your experience using the tool.
You’ll have mentoring and support from senior team members to get up to speed.
You’ll work closely with the Content Team who is responsible for our legal compliance content, and the Customer Success Team who manage ongoing customer relationships.
Get a taste of what we do here: https://vimeo.com/complywith/clarity
How you’ll know you’re successful
You know you’re doing a great job when:
- You receive positive feedback and are highly valued by customers and key stakeholders for your responsiveness and impact.
- You start taking on more and more responsibilities in your role
- You start to become an expert in our software, knowing the best ways to extract data and becoming familiar with our legal content
- You develop familiarity with the legal risk profiles of different industries and operations and know what questions to ask to pinpoint these
- You’re comfortable owning and managing your own implementations.
What you’ll bring
We’re looking for a people person with the skills to comfortably communicate with customers, who has a flexible approach and can grow with us as ComplyWith continues to accelerate.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- A law degree with 2-4 years legal experience (local government experience would be helpful but not essential)
- Proven legal analysis skills, together with great practical common sense
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A confident speaker who can lead meetings and interviews with customers
- Good time and project management skills, with the ability to learn, apply and improve new processes and systems
- A drive to learn and take on new challenges in a collaborative and practical way
- An ability to work independently within a close-knit team and “pull together” as a team when the pressure is on.
- A values-driven personality (integrity and trust is core to how we operate) and a doer who loves to get stuff done
- An interest in the interface of the law, technology, client needs, and innovative creative thinking.
- A desire and ability to work in a way that’s aligned to our Guiding Principles. We do our very best to be:
- Grounded achievers
- Autonomous collaborators
- Forever innovating